Artistic Dreams Imaging
You must login to view our forum, if you have not registered, please do so now.

Please Note: We are a copyright compliant group. Members are required to be copyright compliant or become copyright compliant.

Thank You.
Artistic Dreams Imaging
You must login to view our forum, if you have not registered, please do so now.

Please Note: We are a copyright compliant group. Members are required to be copyright compliant or become copyright compliant.

Thank You.
Artistic Dreams Imaging
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paintshop Pro Tubes, Artist Prints, Tutorials, Scrapkits, Copyright Info and much, much more! This forum is copyright compliant. All members are required to be copyright compliant or willing to become compliant.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Time Zone Clock

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Copyright Infringement Letters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Copyright Infringement Letters Empty
PostSubject: Copyright Infringement Letters   Copyright Infringement Letters EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:34 pm

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT LETTERS
NOTICE TO REMOVE IMAGES

CHECKLIST

1. Write to all emails available for the site
2. Be sure to include the name of the artist you represent or your name if you are writing on your own behalf.
3. Attach and/or insert copies/screenshots of each image in violation
4. Provide page URL for each image
5. Provide a reasonable time period for them to have the images removed (I choose 5 business days)

**Either letter can be adapted to individual use as well as use for companies.

***Letter 1 is more ‘user friendly and attempts to lead the infringer toward copyright education while requesting removal of the images.

____________________________________________________________________________________

EXAMPLE 1 (primarily used by a business but can be altered if you are the artist)

Dear ___________,

We have been provided the link to your site (place site URL here) and we are writing to advise that you are in violation of artist copyright and terms of usage for an artist(s) our firm represents.

We have found a link to a page on your site (place page link here) where you have listed designs using an image by (place artist name here) whom we represent. Your reference to the design is (if the tag has a name or other description put the info here) .

We request the immediate removal of the image(s) in question, failure to do so will leave us no alternative but to proceed with any and all legal recourse to protect our client.

Copyright infringement is a crime, including infringement without monetary gain and is investigated by the FBI, punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000 if convicted.

We hope you will consider availing yourself of the many copyright resources available and become familiar with the copyright laws prior to using images on your site.

Should you have questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

____________________________________________________________________________________

EXAMPLE 2

Store representing Artist

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to notify you that your unlawful use of our client’s images and displaying them on your site ADD NAME & URL of WEBSITE/BLOG infringes on our clients exclusive intellectual property copyrights.

Images/photos which are copyright to NAME OF ARTIST found on your site which infringe on our client’s copyrights are listed below, along with attached copies or screenshots, page links and any other identifying information showing the unlawful distribution of NAME OF ARTIST intellectual property.

Unauthorized Images/photos on your site include:

Image 1

Name of Image on your site
URL of Image
Screenshots (I would attach the image and insert a screen shot)
Any other info to identify the image

Image 2

Name of Image on your site
URL of Image
Screenshots (I would attach the image and insert a screen shot)
Any other info to identify the image

Accordingly, you are hereby directed to CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement includes statutory damages up to $150,000 per image. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement”.

We demand that you remove the images listed above from your website/blog/page within five(5) business days from the date of receipt of this notice.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly at (be sure to add your contact info here).

Regards,
Back to top Go down
https://artistic-dreams.forumotion.com

Copyright Infringement Letters
Page 1 of 1